“If you could invite any fictional character to a dinner party, who would it be?” I’ll do even better than that. Behold my list of dream dinner guests, taken entirely from movies and TV shows:
- Charlie’s dad from So I Married an Axe Murderer. Every dinner party needs a few impassioned rants.
- Tim and Mike from Spaced. Any dinner party where a slow-mo gunfight breaks out is sure to be a hit. (Note: any other Simon Pegg/Nick Frost duo is acceptable. Nicholas Angel and Danny Butterman from Hot Fuzz would be my second choice, but it’s a tough call.)
- Veronica Mars. She’s quippy, she’s sarcastic, and she’s pretty badass.
- Wash from Firefly. He tells great stories.
- Dr. Mrs. The Monarch from The Venture Brothers. Pretty much just to see everyone else react when she talks.
- Paris from Gilmore Girls. She’s well-educated, well-versed on current events, and neurotic and bitchy. I picture her and Charlie’s dad really getting into it.
- The Swedish Chef. Someone has to cook for us, right?